List of products by brand Distilleria Saint-Roch
The Saint Roch di Quart distilleries are considered the oldest distillery in the Aosta Valley. It is a company that produces distillates and liqueurs and is particularly known for its production of grappa and genepy, a traditional liqueur from the Aosta Valley based on alpine herbs. Among the flagship products of the St Roch distilleries, grappa, artemisia genepy, raspberry syrup and the various genepy st roch stand out.More
Saint Roch Distilleries Aosta - Saint-Roch Quart Distillery
The Saint Roch di Quart distilleries are considered the oldest distillery in the Aosta Valley. It is a company that produces distillates and liqueurs and is particularly known for its production of grappa and genepy, a traditional liqueur from the Aosta Valley based on alpine herbs. Among the flagship products of the St Roch distilleries, grappa, artemisia genepy, raspberry syrup and the various genepy st roch stand out.
We at Yndella are based in the Aosta Valley and therefore know the owners of the Saint-Roch Distillery personally. We have been collaborating with this reality for many years and we guarantee that Saint-Roch products are typically from the Aosta Valley, made with ingredients from the local area, of which they express all the most characteristic notes in a combination of sustainability and taste.
The history of the Saint Roch Distillery
It was 1700 when the Levi family, in Lombardy, began to make themselves known in the field of distillation: they were part of the "grapat", artisans who sifted through the vineyards of northern Italy to find the best pomace to be used for the distillation of grappa.
At the end of the 1800s Guglielmo Levi arrived in Aosta. Here he began to hunt down the best pomace of the Aosta Valley and founded a distillery, which soon became famous for the Levi grappa and the Sant'Orso grappa. Over time the company expanded and in 1968 Natalina Levi and her husband, Cesare Rosset, moved production to Quart, starting today's St Roch Distilleries.
Today the Saint Roch distillery is known all over the world, has won countless awards and exports its products internationally. To make it famous not only the three brands of which it is the spokesperson - Distillerie Saint-Roch, Ottoz du Val d'Aoste and Distillati Levi -, but also and above all a vast selection of grappas, distillates and liqueurs from the Aosta Valley, including genepy , symbol of the Aosta Valley.
Characteristics of the liqueurs of Saint Roch Distilleries
The Saint-Roch di Quart distilleries are considered one of the most important distilleries in the Aosta Valley and their products are highly appreciated and known throughout the world for their quality, tradition and authenticity. Impossible not to think of the Saint-Roch distilleries when talking about génépy, grappa, gin, bitters and traditional liqueurs.
In its production, Saint Roch uses excellent quality raw materials, such as fresh pomace, alpine herbs, wild juniper berries harvested in nature, on the Aosta Valley slopes, and fruit grown in the Aosta Valley.
Products from the Saint-Roch Distilleries
The Saint-Roch distilleries in Quart produce a wide range of spirits and liqueurs, mainly using local raw materials. Among the most popular products are:
- Grappa: grappa is one of the flagship products of the Saint-Roch di Quart distilleries. It is produced using the pomace of local white and red wine, or rare alpine herbs.
- Genepy: Genepy is a traditional liqueur from the Aosta Valley, based on alpine herbs. The Saint-Roch di Quart distilleries use selected genepì plants hand-picked and distilled to produce it. In particular, at Saint Roch you can find: Artemisia IG Génépy from Valle d'Aosta, Artemisia Génépy Blanc, Artemisa Rosé, Artemisia Absinthe Saint-Maudit, Artemisia Bacio.
- Fruit and spice liqueurs: the Saint-Roch distilleries in Quart use local fruit to produce their liqueurs. Chestnut, blueberry and raspberry liqueurs are particularly popular and recognized for their authentic and natural flavour. Among the liqueurs available we point out grappa and honey liqueur, grappa and raspberry liqueur, blueberry liqueur, grappa and licorice liqueur, chestnut liqueur.
- Syrups: the Saint-Roch distilleries in Quart also produce a range of syrups, such as mint syrup, raspberry syrup, Génépy syrup, elderberry syrup.
- Historic spirits: the Saint-Roch distilleries in Quart offer some historic spirits, such as Génépy St. Roch, Grappa St. Orso Oro, Grappa St. Orso Nera, Grappa St. Orso Invecchiata, Grappa Levi.
- Classic spirits: Saint Roch distilleries also offer classic spirits such as Limoncello, Bombardino, Amaretto and Wild Berry Punch, Rum Punch, Orange Punch and Mandarin Punch.